Hello everyone. Could you believe that, despite the fact that two bags of quinoa where sitting in my cupboard crying out to be used, before this week I had never cooked a meal with it? Well it is true! But That’s not the case anymore as I just found a delicious, easy and quick recipe (thanks to Kayla Itsines new cookbook)
This is what you need for 1 serve (9 SmartPoints)
- 100gr of Chicken Breast fillet (sliced)
- 60gr of Quinoa
- 60gr of Pumpkin (peeled and cut into little cubes of 1cm)
- 40gr of tinned chickpeas (drained and washed)
- 1tsp of Moroccan Spice
- 1 Lemon
- 1tsp Lemon zest
- Spray oil
- 1 cup of coriander (chopped)
- 1/2 medium red capsicum (seeds removed and sliced)
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
This is what you do with all of the above ingredients and prepare the yummy meal
- In a medium saucepan, combine 160ml of water and quinoa and wait until the water starts boiling at high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and reduced heat to medium/low and simmer for 10 minutes or until all water has been absorbed by the quinoa and it is tender. When finished, set aside to cool.
- While waiting for the water to boiled, combine the pumpkin with the teaspoon of the moroccan spice and gently mix them up. Make sure all the pumpkin pieces are lightly coated in the seasoning.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat and spray it with oil lightly. Cook the cubes of pumpkin for 3-4 minutes until all sides are slightly brown. After that, add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until both are cooked through. When done, set aside to cool.
- While all the above is taking place, you can combine in a bowl the chickpeas, the capsicum and the chopped coriander.
- To serve, combined all the previous ingredients: Chicken, Pumpkin, quinoa, coriander, chickpeas and capsicum in a serving bowl.
- Add the juice and zest of 1/2 lemon.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Give it a gently toss.
- Sit down and enjoy it!
PS: I cooked this at night and save it for lunch the next day (without the lemon juice). The next day, I heated it up in the microwave for 30 seconds and add the lemon juice… it was delicious and surprisingly filling!
Hope you enjoy! If you do it at home, send me pictures in my Facebook page Here, or tag me in Instagram @mai_journey_to_fitness